The 2011 Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo

The 2011 Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo is taking place from Friday 5th August to Saturday 27th August. It takes place at the spectacular Edinburgh Castle with performers from four different continents from as far as South America. This year’s programme will be action packed featuring exciting performances from the Massed Bands of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines, Band of the Royal Regiment of Scotland, Highland dancing, Dutch Mounted Bicycle Band and not forgetting spectacular music of the Massed Pipes and Drums! With on average 1000 participants involved in the show it is an incredible display that must be seen and on your list of things to do!

The Edinburgh Tattoo is now seen by over 217,000 people from all over the world. The show is performed every weekday and twice on a Saturday and is unlikely to be cancelled whatever the weather! On a Saturday the second show will normally involve real fireworks not just Pyrotechnics and may also use projections on to the castle.

The Tattoo is also broadcasting on television internationally and is viewed by around 100 million people! The audience is made up of only 30% Scottish people whilst the other 70% is not only from England but half the audience are usually international spectators!

The Royal Princess Anne is the Patron of The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo. The tattoo is set up and run for charity. The charities that the Edinburgh Tattoo supports are charities that help service people with disabilities, unemployment, stress, sickness, poverty and more. The Army Benevolent Fund, Seafarers UK, the RAF Benevolent Fund and the Edinburgh International Festival benefit annually from the money raised by the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.

Many of our operators are offering fantastic coach holidays with the added extra of getting to witness The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo yourself:

Edinburgh Tattoo Including Guided City Tour – 5th August – Applebys

Edinburgh Tattoo – 6th August – Great Rail Journeys

Edinburgh Tattoo, Tarbet – 8th August – Shearings Holidays

Edinburgh Tattoo – 11th August – Shaws Holidays

Edinburgh Tattoo Weekends – 12th August – Interchoice

Edinburgh Tattoo and Loch Lomond – 19th August – Just Go! Holidays

All Inclusive Beautiful Scotland and The Edinburgh Tattoo – 22nd August – National Holidays

Edinburgh Tattoo – 26th August – Woods Coaches

For a wider range of tours visiting the Edinburgh Tattoo please visit our website www.coachholidays.com or call our friendly reservations line on 0845 330 3747 to book one of these fabulous tours now!

About

1 Comment

  • donald illingworth Mon, 29th Aug, 2011 at 8:02 pm Reply

    Wonderful the bands were magniicent,a treat not to be missed. Scottish dancers doing Irish riverdance type dancing dressed not in Tradition kilts but multi coloured tops and skirts not very Scottish,needs to be thought out again.
    It is very worthwile to go and see,lone piper was just fantastic.

Leave a Comment