Shearings Holidays

A lot of our customers know all about Shearings Holidays, however let me tell you a little bit about them that some of you may not of known…

Shearings Holidays are the UK’s leading specialist tour operator, specialising in holidays to Europe and throughout the UK travelling by coach, air, rail and Self Drive product whilst not forgetting their selection of river and ocean cruises available!

Shearings have over 100 years’ experience when it comes to holiday planning and because of this they have been winning travel awards year after year with Best Coach Operator in 2010 being one of their most recent achievements.

Shearings Holidays are a part of the Shearings group that also includes National Holidays, Caledonian Travel, and 50 holiday hotels under the Bay and Coast & Country brands.

There are so many amazing reasons why you should book your 2012 holiday with Shearings today, keep reading to find out more!

Superb service from start to finish with Shearings knowledgeable drivers picking you up from your joining point helping with your luggage and then allowing you to sit back and relax and enjoy your holiday.

Shearings Holidays normally stay at their own hotels either Bay or Coast and Country. Bay hotels offer fantastic entertainment with a social atmosphere for you to meet new friends whilst Coast and Country offer amazing surroundings and relaxation to really help you get the most out of your holiday or short break.

Whilst on a tour Shearings have a fun filled itinerary that may include daytime tours and visits allowing you to take in the historical monuments, stunning surroundings and beautiful gardens then after a busy day you may get to enjoy evening entertainment or just relax with other travellers whilst enjoying a drink or two!

Shearings Grand Tourer luxury holidays are specially selected for their idyllic settings, historical locations, and rich culture with accommodation having a minimum 4 star rating. The Grand Tourer coaches include:

• Extra Legroom and adjustable footrests and seatbacks
  • Enhanced vision with higher seating and tinted panoramic windows
  • Personal in seat climate control

Shearings River and ocean river cruises take place on some of the finest vessels, no matter which cruise you pick you can be sure to travel in style with impressive facilities and itineraries. With a growing selection of cruises across Europe there is no better time than to book on to a cruise now.

We offer regular weekly discounted deals with Shearings so keep a look at the Our choice Page and our Shearings “Special Offers” page to get the best deal. We also send out regular e-shots with special Shearings Holidays deals and exclusive offers so why not join our mailing list!

To view our wide range of Shearings Holidays visit our website Coachholidays.com or call our friendly reservations line on 0845 330 3747 to book now!

About

6 Comments

• dawn Thu, 5th Jan, 2012 at 8:39 pm Reply

Shearings are fantastic – professional, polite, intelligent and customer friendly -HOWEVER:
    Do not book with National Holidays I have been assured a refund of my money for a holiday they cancelled 3 times now – still no refund after checking with my bank!!! LIARS and Incompetent!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ken Finnimore Thu, 31st May, 2012 at 7:20 pm Reply

I have recently got back from a great holiday in beautiful Bavaria.The weather was bright and sunny,tyhe company great and the food in the hotel i couldn’t fault.I have to say the only downer was when i left my camera on the coach at Stop 24 (Hythe).I havent told my wife yet just hopeing that Shearings have had it handed in by some good honest soul,i would be greatful just to get the memory card back.Oh well i can but dream.But Bavaria is superb,the food,beer and scenery is well worth the effort of getting there and is great value for money.

• Mr D. Madge Sat, 9th Jun, 2012 at 8:47 am Reply

I have just returned from Shearings’ Dornoch trip dated 4th-8th June, with my partner Christine. I have been on several Shearings trips in the past as have my parents, never before have I had a bad experience with them and this trip to Dornoch was no exception. The holiday itself was excellent however on dropping us off at Gretna Green for our feeder coach home to Milnthorpe my partner got off the coach and thanked Roger, our driver, for a lovely trip. This he ignored. I went to shake his hand and he flatly refused to shake my hand stating, and I quote: “That won’t pay many bills.”
    We were absolutely shocked! If he thinks Shearings don’t pay him enough he should look for employment elsewhere and not expect their customers to subsidise his wages, snubbing them and making crass comments when they don’t! What if he’d have made those comments to a pensioner who’d saved up to go on one of their holidays then felt embarressed and obliged to hand over more money they couldn’t really afford?
    This Roger was the face of their company on our trip and he’s painted them in a very bad light, letting them down badly and quite frankly ruining the end of an otherwise happy holiday.
    I’m livid that this man’s hospitality is based solely on whether you cross his palm with silver at the end of the trip.
    We’re utterly disgusted at their driver’s ignorant attitude and very disappointed in his highly unproffesional and draconian approach.

• DIXON Sun, 19th Aug, 2012 at 12:41 pm Reply

I DO AGREE WITH THE COMENT SOMETIMES YOU
      MAY GET A LOOK ???

IT IS NOT COMPULSARY . YOU ONLY PAY THE COMPANY FOR
      THE HOLIDAY SAVE THE MONEY FOR NEXT HOLIDAY KEEP
      THE DRIVER IN EMOLOYMENT !!!

• Geoff Bailey Sun, 24th Jun, 2012 at 1:51 pm Reply

Returned from 8 day trip to Gairloch Scotland on 2nd. June. One or the best with Shearings. Stuart the driver was exemplary as drivers go. Interesting commentary and who chose comfort stops at more interesting places off the motorways. Weather was kind so we saw Scotland at its best. 5 days of clear warm weather.Excursions were made acceptable with lots of regular breaks.Only negative was the A9 was blocked on the return journey which meant a detour and were put up in an unschedule stop over hotel in Carlisle. Although a regularly used hotel by Shearings The Swallow Hotel all we had for our last evening meal together was a plate of sandwiches. Another group from Shearings were already dining in the restaurant eating the usual 3 course meal. Our group of 27 were shown into an anti room all on our own. Inspite of this anti climax to our holiday I am already booked and looking forward to go on a Mystery Holiday back to Scotland in July.

• Jean and Alan Crane Tue, 3rd Jul, 2012 at 9:55 pm Reply

Alan and I have just returned from a fantastic trip to Carinthia and the Three Countries.

The whole trip was a delight from start to finish. Lovely weather, great group of people, lovely food and hotels and a really safe and excellent driver, Peter.

Everything smoothly and efficiently organised and the price such wonderful value for money. This is only our second trip with Shearings. Our first was last September to Bergerac. Speaking with other members of the group it seems that they book with Shearings everytime, some of them taking two or three trips per year. Some members had been on trips for over 20 years and still going back for more and we will certainly be joining them.

I would just like to add one point. We felt rather sorry that the single travellers were subject to what seems quite a hefty supplement for a single room especially when you consider their loyalty in booking with your company for many years. I wonder if somthing can be done about this in the way of a possible discount. Not that Shearings prices are not exceptional value but it does seem a tad unfair to single people. However, it does not seem to have put them off in the slightest.

We cannot wait to book another holiday soon.